Followers

Thursday 15 April 2010

SOME THINGS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE

Hello again
I would love to say i had a successful clay day today but im not so sure, i mean i tried yet again to come up with some acceptable minis but i really dont think its happening i made two bowls of fruit oranges apples and bannanas which were a lot less than good a bowl of what was meant to be spaghetti and meatballs which got an hysterrical laugh from paul then myself on realising it did look very weird im just not good with this stuff, how do you get good at making things from clay they say its experience but honestly i have wasted so much clay on trying im just thinking i should give up. im not throwing my efforts away because i tried very hard i'll just hide them and on a down day have a good laugh...lol i might post a picture tomorrow just for you to have a chuckle i dont know yet if i could stand the embarassment.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club :D The only good things I can make out of clay are stuff that I use molds for and the bought canes. I'm going to give it a try to make some eggs on the weekend :)

    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good let me know how you get on
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. practice, practice, practice...I know it becomes very tedious but I promise it is the only way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I meant to say do keep them. I have a reject drawer and every now and then when I get stuck with a certain flower and think I can't do it I can look back and see how far I've come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your feedback i appreciate it and promise i'll keep practicing
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) Honestly when I look back at my first attempts at plants I am horrified lol.

    Pasta is really hard to make as well because it has to be rolled so thin.

    Have you looked at any of Angie Scarrs tutorials...not sure if there are any online but she is a good one to look at when you start making food.

    ReplyDelete