Followers

Saturday 13 August 2011

HELLO, WELCOME IM ANOTHER YEAR OLDER PLEASE HELP.....

Hi again
I want to welcome yet more new followers im really going to have to list you all properly soon. Its my birthday today its been quite fun we went to a big mini store and hobbycraft i had a great time buying lots of lovely minis from my birthday money and my thirteen year old nephew bought me the two filled brandy glasses in the pictures so nice of him.... I need your help though now this house was started over six years ago but im  stuck and havent completed it yet something just isnt right about the three narrow  rooms and the top two larger rooms i havent even started on the attic rooms yet i just dont know how to put it right, I Have yet to complete the skirting and coving in some of the rooms its just placed and will be replaced  I would love to hear your ideas and appreciate any help you can give me im limited to what im able to do physically and i dont want help from paul i would like to do this myself so cant manage anything too complicated but i would really like to get this finished this year, i havent quite completed the front we are going to miniatura next month and i want to buy some corbels i want to put some sort of balconies and railings under the larger windows please can you give me some ideas.
xx













10 comments:

  1. Best wishes and have fun. Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very Happy Birthday!!!! I love the Doll house!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Rachel! Today is MY birthday too. :D Can't wait to see what you bought at the mini store. You have some lovely furniture in your house already. It will be fun to see what else you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those deep narrow rooms you often get in kit houses too. They never really seem to look good do they? In the past I've found the only way to tackle them is by either removing the number of walls on a level to get fewer, wider rooms or by adding a fake wall at the back of the narrow room so that although it's still narrow, it's not so deep. I guess you're really too far into your house for either of these to work so all I can really suggest is to take all the different furniture you have, even borrow it from finished rooms, and just keep rearranging things until you find something you like.

    I really love you're dining room, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Rachel. What I see in your house are a few really lovely pieces of furniture.
    Try to move everything closer to the front leaving the rear part free. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Rachel! :D What a lovely way to spend it too.

    Have you got a photo of the whole house open? Alennka's suggestions sound most ideal but it does look like you have finished bits you might not to 'unfinish'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. :)You have a beautiful house. I love the dining room. The thing i can suggest maybe some soft furnishing like a bright rug maybe some cushions on the lovely sofa. Maybe a few flowers. I hope this helps a little. :) Greetings Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a good birthday!
    very nice furniture in your home, congratulations! I like the dining room much more, now, with bright new carpet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everyone, you have some lovely furniture. I wouldn't worry about empty rooms - if you can live with them, most houses have halls with maybe just a table. I find 'empty' difficult to do, I'm a very cluttered person! Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your comments help and birthday wishes i had a great day
    xx

    ReplyDelete